High Capacity Meets High Performance in Mission Critical Storage
The Seagate® Enterprise Capacity HDD, 1TB server hard drive delivers best-in-class mission critical random performance, highest capacities and the low power for data centres that OEMs, system builders and IT professionals need to:
- Keep pace with rapid data growth
- Reduce IT operating costs
- Improve data centre storage efficiency
- Enhance reliability with advanced media management technology
- Protect data with Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) models
2.5-Inch HDDs Improve Data Centre Storage Efficiency
Make the transition from legacy 3.5-inch form factor drives with limited capacities and slower performance to the higher density, faster and best-in-class Enterprise Performance 10K HDD.
With higher capacities and a smaller footprint, data centres can store and access data faster than ever, enabling them to keep pace with data growth while optimising scarce IT real estate. Lower power consumption reduces energy and cooling costs. 10K.7 HDD drives:
Enhanced Storage Reliability with Improved Storage Efficiency
Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K HDD advanced media management technology improves drive reliability and data integrity. This seventh-generation hard drive, with features like a humidity sensor and SuperParity, lets you rest easier knowing your storage devices will perform as expected - even in harsh environments. It is the first mission-critical HDD to offer the Seagate RAID Rebuild™ technology option, making RAID recovery faster and safer.
Protect Data with Built-in Security at No Additional Charge
Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K drives are self-encrypting and can be used as normal drives or as part of a more secure solution, at no extra cost. Built-in security, FIPS2 validated security and Protection Information features enable companies to protect valuable data, comply with regulatory mandates, and reduce risk to brands and reputations. Seagate Instant Secure Erase reduces the time required to overwrite a drive from hours to less than a minute, making drive retirement safe, fast and easy.
FIPS 140-2 Level 2 validated models available.1, 2
Mission Critical Storage Efficiency In a 2.5-Inch HDD
The Seagate® Enterprise Performance 10K HDD makes it easy to transition server and network storage systems from legacy 3.5-inch to more efficient 2.5-inch hard drive solutions that enable you to improve data storage efficiency and optimise your IT investments.
Enterprise Performance 10K HDDs deliver:
- Best-in-class random read access times at 295 IOPS
- Improved storage efficiency with performance efficiency index of 0.0038 watts/GB
- 70% smaller footprint and twice the capacity of legacy 3.5-inch form factor drives
- T10-compliant Seagate® PowerChoice™ technology to tailor systems for optimal power usage
Data Security and Protection with FIPS SED Options
Savvio10K drives support Protection Information (PI)1 technology, which can help to preserve the integrity of data in flight. Additionally, these drives offer built-in security at no additional charge and FIPS Self-Encrypting Drive (SED)2 options to help secure data-at-rest throughout the life of the device.
Seagate Instant Secure Erase technology also eliminates the need to overwrite or physically destroy drives for security purposes — making drive retirement safe, fast and easy. This enables organisations to securely return, re-purpose or sell the drive, thereby reducing drive retirement costs.
Enterprise Drives Perfect For:
- Building dense, high performing mission-critical enterprise servers and external storage arrays
- Equipping power - and space -constrained data centres
- Complying with security-driven IT requirements
- Enabling green IT initiatives
- Migrating from legacy 3.5-inch drives to next-generation 2.5-inch HDD technology
|Learn More About||Seagate Enterprise HDD 7200 RPM 1TB 2.5 inch SATA 6.0GB/s Hard Drive
Prduct Type Enterprise Internal Hard Drive
|Hardware Specifications||Storage Capacity 1TB
Disk Speed 7200 RPM
Form Factor 2.5 inch
Drive Interface Standard SATA 600