ASUS PRIME X299-A Motherboard
• Intel X299 Series
• Intel Core-X Series
• LGA 2066
• 8x DDR4 up to 128GB
• 3x PCIE3.0 x16
• 8x SATA3, 2x M.2
• 11x USB3.1
• RGB Illumination
Simply select Pay by Laybuy at checkout.
Returning customers only need to confirm the order to complete the purchase.
New customers can sign up at checkout and start using Laybuy today.
Your order is processed immediately and your payment schedule is established.
Only a sixth is due today and the rest is split over 5 weekly automatic payments on the day of the original purchase.
Simply select Pay by Laybuy at checkout
Login or Register for Laybuy and complete your order in seconds
Complete your purchase using an existing debit or credit card
Pay over 6 weeks and receive your purchase now
Prime X299-A ATX Motherboard from ASUS comes equipped with an LGA 2066 socket and Intel X299 chipset to support the performance from your Intel Core X-Series processor. The motherboard is armed with eight DDR4 memory slots along with two PCIe 3.0 x4 and three PCIe 3.0 x16 slots. With an optional Intel Core i9 processor installed, the motherboard can fully utilize all memory banks and operate the PCIe 3.0 x16 slots in a x16, x16, and x8 configuration. For storage, it comes outfitted with eight SATA connectors and two M.2 slots for accommodating PCIe- or SATA-based SSDs.
The ASUS Prime X299-A motherboard connects to your printers, external storage drives, and other USB devices via its four USB 3.0, two USB 2.0, and two USB 3.1 ports. Both of the USB 3.1 ports feature up to 10 Gb/s transfer rates, and one of these ports has a USB Type-C interface, which lets you connect a USB-C cable on the first try. Other notable connections include a Gigabit Ethernet port and six audio jacks that are powered by a Realtek ALC S1220A audio processor. The motherboard also has internal I/O headers, so you can provide your system with additional USB 3.1, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0 ports as well as a Thunderbolt 3 port with an add-on PCIe card.
ASUS helps you overclock your unlocked Intel Core X-series processor by offering liquid-cooling support and providing ASUS PRO Clock II technology. Aside from enhancing the processor's performance, Aura Sync is on board to illuminate the insides of your case with RGB LEDs. Additional RGB LED strips can be installed and synced to the built-in LEDs via two Aura RGB headers.
- Intel Core X-Series Processors for LGA 2066 Socket
- The LGA 2066 socket supports Intel Core X-series processors that sport four, six, and higher core counts. Four-core X-Series CPUs support dual-channel memory configurations and offer up to sixteen PCIe 3.0 lanes. With six-core and above, the motherboard can handle quad-channel memory builds, while the processor delivers up to 44 PCIe 3.0 lanes.
- Intel X299 Chipset
- The Intel X299 chipset supports LGA 2066-socket Intel Core X-series processors. It provides stability and performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth. Additionally, X299 provides a maximum of 10 USB 3.0 ports and 8 SATA 6 Gbps ports along with 32 Gbps M.2 support for faster data retrieval.
- 5-Way Optimization
- One click takes care of complex tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimization dynamically optimizes essential aspects of the system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
- Automated tuning utility optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles
- Fans stay quiet for everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks
- Stress test allows users to optimize and overclock for CPU or memory-centric workloads
- Cooling Support
- The Prime X299-A comes with three 4-pin fan headers that support PWM or DC fans. Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling. One of these headers can be used for self-contained water-cooling setup. Additionally, a dedicated header can supply over 3A of current to a high-performance PWM or DC water pump. Other notable features include three thermal-probe headers as well as an integrated circuit for protecting each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
- The Realtek S1220A audio processor features a 120dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 113dB SNR for the line-in. Additionally, an impedance-sensing circuit automatically adjusts the gain to ensure an optimal volume range for your headphones. Crystal Sound 3 includes power pre-regulators, audio shielding, separate layers for left and right tracks, integrated amplifier, de-pop circuit, and Japanese-made capacitors.
- Aura Sync
- ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as sold-separately strips connected to the onboard RGB headers. The presets offered are Static, Breathing, Strobing, Rainbow, Color Cycle, Comet, Flash & Dash, Wave, Glowing Yo Yo, Starry Night, Music Effect, and CPU temperature.